Buying a motherboard can be tricky business. These days, due to the way that the key components are designed and manufactured, performance is pretty much the same board to board, as long as you’re on the same chipset. So buying one board over another now falls down to style and design, along with features and the BIOS. Now I’m all for that, as it feels like each individual brand now has a chance to add their own touch onto things, as opposed to listening to AMD or Intel, and generally, the price reflects getting the very best features, and if you want the very best features, then you’re going to want to look at the MSI X670E ACE.
MSI X670E ACE
So without dwelling on X670E as a chipset, because we have content focussed solely on that, it’s worth touching on a few things that are brought to the table, which mainly comes down to the support for DDR5 memory, PCI-Express 5.0 on both graphics and storage, not that any devices utilise it yet, more and faster USB connectivity and better and higher-grade components, and the ACE looks to utilise as much as possible. Making up part of the MEG or MSI Enthusiast Gaming range, it sits just below the GODLIKE and is classed as one of MSI’s top-spec motherboards and that’s reflected in every part of it all the way from the packaging, to the board itself.
- Supports AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Desktop Processors
- Supports DDR5 Memory, Dual Channel DDR5 6666+MHz (OC)
- Extreme Power Design: 22+2+1 phases power design with 90A Power Stage and dual CPU power connectors are ready to unleash the maximum performance.
- Maximum 6 x M.2 Connectors: Onboard and exclusive M.2 XPANDER-Z GEN5 DUAL PCI-Express card offer totally sextuple M.2 connectors for the maximum storage performance. The double-sided Shield Frozr design keeps M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
- Outstanding Cooling Solution: Stacked Fin Array, Direct Touch VRM Heat-pipe, MOSFET Baseplate, 7W/mK thermal pads, double-sided M.2 Shield Frozr and Frozr AI software ensure the extreme performance with low temperature.
- 10G Super LAN with latest Wi-Fi 6E solution: Onboard 10Gbps LAN with the latest Wi-Fi 6E solution which supports 6GHz spectrum delivering the best online gaming experience.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 5.0 slots, Lightning Gen 5 x4 M.2, Front USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 20G with 60W USB Power Delivery.
- DIY Friendly Design: Patent Magnetic M.2 Shield Frozr, Screwless M.2 Shield Frozr, EZ M.2 Clips, Smart Button, Pre-installed I/O Shield, Steel Armor
- 8 Layer PCB with 2oz Thickened Copper: Provides higher performance and long-lasting system stability without any compromise.
- Audio Boost 5 HD: Ultimate audio solution with latest premium ALC4082 audio processor combining ESS audio DAC and amplifier deliver the breathtaking experience
What MSI Had To Say
“The MEG X670E ACE furnished premium aesthetics with its dark black finish and gold embellishes. Developed to unlock the full gaming potential of the AMD X670 chipset by combining elite hardware system support and premium durability, the MEG X670E ACE is an outstanding E-ATX platform for extreme settings in terms of overclocking memory, processor, and graphic card at the highest level.”- MSI
If you want to see our full video going through this, you can do so below.