There’s no doubt about it, ASUS really knows how to make a truly high-end gaming mouse. Actually, they’ve got some of the best keyboards and headsets too, and all their other ROG hardware is regarded as some of the best in the world for PC gamers. Of course, that’s often reflected in the price too, with ASUS ROG hardware and peripherals commanding a premium, but as you’ll see in today’s review, you may be paying a lot more, but you’re getting a lot more for your investment too.
ASUS ROG Chakram X
The ROG Chakram X wireless RGB gaming mouse comes equipped with a truly insane next-gen 36,000 DPI ROG AimPoint optical sensor. If that’s not enough for you, it also features a blisteringly fast 8000 Hz polling rate, low-latency tri-mode connectivity (RF 2.4 GHz / Bluetooth / wired), 11 programmable buttons, an analogue joystick and hot-swappable micro switch sockets (mechanical and optical), magnetic panels, plenty of customisation options and it also supports Nvidia Reflex Latency Analyzer. My jaw was hanging open from the DPI level alone, but literally, every aspect of this mouse is the best of the best hardware. So, let’s get to it and take a closer look!
- ROG AimPoint optical sensor: Next-gen 36,000 dpi gaming optical sensor with 8000 Hz polling rate for ultimate precision
- Tri-mode connectivity: Flexibility with wired USB, low-latency 2.4 GHz RF, plus a Bluetooth® mode to pair up to three devices.
- Programmable joystick: New detachable joystick available in different sizes for refined analog or digital linear controls
- More control at your fingertips: Seven buttons and four-way directional joystick offer a total of 11 programmable buttons for versatile hotkey functions
- Superb click feel: Pivoted button mechanism offers rapid response and a clean, tactile feel
- Instantaneous DPI adjustments: DPI On-the-Scroll enables effortless on-the-fly in-game adjustments
- Push-Fit Switch Socket II: Hot swap compatibility with 3-pin mechanical switches and 5-pin optical micro switches to vary click force and extend lifespan of the mouse
- Smooth and fast movement: ROG Paracord and 100% PTFE mouse feet
- Convenient charging: Charge up by cable or via wireless Qi to enjoy up to 114 hours of uninterrupted gameplay
- Effortless DIY customization: Screw-less magnetic buttons and cover, plus a customizable badge to easily switch up feel and looks
- NVIDIA®Reflex: Officially verified for NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer to monitor mouse responsiveness – Find out more
What ASUS Had to Say
“Rule over the battlefield with the ROG Chakram X gaming mouse. Its 36,000 dpi optical sensor and 8000 Hz polling rate give you unmatched precision, and superior control is at your fingertips with seven buttons and a 4-directional joystick. Take the ROG Chakram X gaming mouse in hand ― and be a force to be reckoned with.” – ASUS